Re: [Question #672584]: [1.1.4] getWords() and getLines() not working --- must be collectWords/collectLines

Tim B posted a new comment:
Honestly, I can see the advantages to both...

If it was the actual strings, more easily capture the "data" you want to
use or manipulate, with more easy code / less steps.

If it was the matches (as it is now), you can still get the strings.. it
just needs some additional programming by the user.  Also, the
additional .text() calls will add to the processing load, I expect
(instead of the functionality being done in one shot, behind the
scenes).   Though the big advantage here could be the ability to act on
the 'match' data to get things more easily (like pixel height / length
of text, etc) and use that for some more inventive functionality.. and
only use the additional .text() calls as necessary.

The user in me likes the first option, returning strings vs matches....

... but the programmer in me likes the *second* option, due to the
capabilities it gives.