[Question #674152]: Detect VNC disconnect

I am trying to detect when a VNC connection is stopped.

I have a script that runs an installer that requires the machine to be restarted during the installation. Currently, I have a wait function that waits for 5 minutes. Normally my machine starts up within 2 minutes but in the off chance that a VM I'm running needs something such as Windows Updates, it causes the restart to be longer, hence the 5 minute wait. What I'm looking to do is detect when the machine is turned off and then back on, rather than waiting for a hardcoded 5 minutes.

When the machine is turned off that I am connected to, I get a java exception that spams in the console. I can't catch because it isn't generated directly from the scripts code, rather from the VNC connection being halted.

Any insight around this topic would be greatly appreciated.