[Question #674758]: Focus on a app running as a java process from an IDE

Hello! Firstly great work. Really excited to use 1.1.4 api jar (love that its cross-platform!).

I'm trying to use sikulix's latest 1.1.4 api jar in my Jruby test framework(for interacting with a Java Swing GUI) and it works pretty good - except I have to always get my APP to the foreground and run the tests. I did refer some of the recommendations in here (for the prior versions) but none seem to work.

Here is how my app is getting launched as(on my mac):

window "<app's main window name>" of application process "java" of application "System Events",    #Notice the app name is java

So I tried several different options but none seem to work   -

Option 1:

test_app = App.new("java")
test_app.focus("app's main window name")

Option 2:

# Find an image on the app window  and
test_app = App.focused_window

Any suggestions?