[Question #675294]: On Mac why is wheel down actually wheel up

I have a Macintosh  Mojave

Since Lion OS the developers decided to change the wheel up and down
and reverse them.

Well, if you go to preferences --> Mouse
you will see that you can UNCheck  the  Scroll direction: Natural

But the problem is that the above, does not work
when I issue a  wheel(WHEEL_DOWN,8)   command in the Sikuli Python Script
on the Mac system,
it doesn't wheel down,  it wheels up

The Sikuli tests were originally developed on Windows 10 and I am porting them to Mac.

Is there any way to fix this other than having to go back through
40,000 lines of code.

Thanks a ton for your help.   :)