[Question #676454]: Sikuli IDE or Sikuli with other IDEs?

Hello,

I want to automate a desktop app with sikuli. However I'm trying to figure out the best setup/approach for this in my. I've played around a bit with sikuli built in IDE and I find it easy and simpe to use. But I'm imagining that since is somehow limited, long term as our tests will increase in complexity this might not be the best solution. I'm thinking to try out eclipse with sikuli-api and java as programming language since I've some experience in it ( for sikuli ide I used python but don't like it, and Java seems more comfortable for me).  Are there limitations or big differences between these 2 approaches? In the end my setup should look something like this:
                                         - environment for my tests( either Sikuli IDE with python, either Eclipse, sikuli-api and java)+testReport and some logge maybe
                                         - Jenkins integration in order to run them on windows 7 and 10 VMs
                                         - git version control

I need sikuli beacuase we can only test this app by comparing images. I'm not sure wich approach would be the best in this? What do you think?
Thank you!