Re: [Question #676371]: Sikuli logs to HTML test runner report --- not possible

Description changed to:
----------------------- a possible solution

I actually found a solution on how to write my custom logs into html
test runner report.For this you need: sikulixIDE,HTMLTestreport and
unittest. So I have a file, testRunner for example form where I'm
running the tests. Those are organized via unittest.TestSuite and then
executed with HTMLTestRunner like this:

if __name__ == "__main__":

    suite = suite()
    unittest.TextTestRunner(verbosity = 2)
    output = open(r"your html.file report location","w+")
    runner = HTMLTestRunner.HTMLTestRunner(stream=output, title='Test Report', description='Logfiles')
    runner.run(suite)

The most important thing is the Logger file, let's say MyLogger, the
code looks like this:

from sikuli import *

# Severity of logged behaviour
LEVEL_FATAL, LEVEL_WARNING, LEVEL_INFO = range(0, 3)

class Messenger:

    @staticmethod
    def Log(severity,message):
        switcher = {
            LEVEL_FATAL: 'FATAL ERROR',
            LEVEL_WARNING: 'WARNING',
            LEVEL_INFO: 'INFO',
        }
        severityMessage = switcher.get(severity, "MESSAGE")
        messageLong = severityMessage + message
        if severity == LEVEL_FATAL:
            print Exception(messageLong)
        else:
            print messageLong

Now just import MyLogger file into your tests or where you need this
logger and use it like this:

import MyLogger
reload(MyLogger)

#your code

//logger call example for fatal
MyLogger.Messenger.Log(MyLogger.LEVEL_FATAL,'your message')

Now when the htmlfile is generated by HTMLTestreport, the logs should be
displayed there for each test(ofc based on how you organized them in
your suites in TestRunner file.

I hope this works for you as for me it's really good and helpful.

Hello, I am using sikuli IDE to automate a desktop app. I'm also using html-testRunner 1.1.2 to generate reports and the sikuli logger to write to a file. Here is my code for this:

    Settings.UserLogs=True
    Settings.UserLogPrefix="LOG"
    Settings.UserLogTime=True
    Debug.setUserLogFile("path\TestRunnerLogs.txt")
    Debug.user('some text')

How can I write my logs directly to the HTML file generated by htlm test
runner? And if possible can i write the logs separately for each test?

Thank you!