[Question #677975]: Can't launch mac desktop app from SikuliX

I'm running SikuliX on Mojave. I can open apps like Text Editor, and other apps via the IDE, but I do not seem to be able to launch our application that I want to write tests for.

This works: App.open ("/Applications/TextEdit.app") and will open the Text Editor
This fails: App.open("/Applications/Viewer.app") and posts an error "...Viewer.app not found"

I can invoke the Viewer.app from the Mac terminal
I can also create a "thing.py" file and run it with "./thing.py" from the terminal but even that when configured in SikuliX won't invoke even though it invokes the app fine from the terminal.

I've looked around in the forums and Google and worked with a developer to try and get this working. Both of us are new at Python and SikuliX. I have been able to run a Demo to test my setup and that worked fine.

Using Python 2.7.10
Using SikuliXIDE 1.1.3
Using Mac os: Mojave 10.14.2