[Question #678454]: .text() returns blank when no monitor connected

I have a PC that does not have a monitor and I connect to it and use it via remote controlling applications such as team viewer.  When I am running a simple script like:
r = (a region on screen)
a = r.text()

it returns blank.

I have tried the very same code on the very same situation on my laptop and it works perfectly fine and returns the text. So my question is is not having a monitor affecting .text() and OCR behavior? if yes, is there any workaround for this?