[Question #678481]: App instance changed in 1.1.4 compared to 1.1.2?

i have been using nightly 1.1.2 since march 2018. I decided to try downloading and using the 1.1.4 Snapshot nightly (2019-01-30_21:31)

when my script that contains an app instance like this:

procedit = App(os.path.join(r"C:\tssmoketest", "2020", "procedit.exe"))

and I call it like this

procedit.open()

it launches the application however there is a modal dialog that launches for that application  that you have yo click continue ot stop. that dialog falls behind my application causing the script to fail because im looking for that dialog with a saved image to click continue or stop.

also there is nothing in the LOG/Message area at the bottom of the IDE either.

in the older 1.1.2 March nightly I was using, it does not happen like this AND it always shows:

[log] App.open [824:ProcEdit.exe]

in the message area at the bottom.

im on windows 10 latest build fall creators edition etc etc version 1803 (build 17134.523)
Java 7 and 8 are both installed

is there anything else i should be including? please let me know, thank you!

Shawn