[Question #678530]: Jython problem - error loading python.dll (error 14001)

Yes, I am aware that this is a Jython problem and not a SikuliX problem, but as Jython is required for SikuliX, maybe someone else in the SikuliX community has encountered the same problem.

I use the IntelliJ IDEA environment for (part of) my SikuliX development work. For that, one has to run the Jython installer to create the Jython interpreter that can be used in IDEA. This works as expected on my Windows 10 machines. Now for a specific development task I tried to install my environment on a Windows 7 machine, but ran into this problem when trying to start the Jython interpreter:

Error loading Python DLL: C:\jython2.7.1\bin\python27.dll (error code 14001)

The problem seems to be addressed (and fixed) here:
https://bugs.jython.org/issue2620

Does anyone know whether there is a modified Jython installer available where this issue is fixed? I am just trying to avoid having to compile everything from scratch …

Thank you.