Re: [Question #678851]: XLSX Handling in Sikuli

@rathisoft
openPyXL does not work with SikuliX, since it internally uses native libraries (accessing xml structures). But if you know, what you are doing, then have a valid Python installation with openPyXL, write your needed scripts for that environment and run them from SikuliX using e.g. subprocess.Popen(). Other tighter integrations are possible with a running Python interpreter as exec server for smaller Python scripts. But I leave this to other people.

@Mike
Thanks for your contribution and the kind words for SikuliX.
In my experience a tighter integration with the C-based Python is one of the most wanted things for SikuliX enhancements, due to the mass of available features and add-ons.
I made some promising experiments with Py4J (https://www.py4j.org/index.html). It principally works, but is not useable as a 1-to-1 replacement for the usage of Jython, since too much internally in SikuliX at the Java level is static (historical reasons) and Py4J can only access attributes/features of instantiated Java objects and nothing at the class level.
But I have it on the list.