[Question #680319]: Mac OSX Startup

I've installed the app and I'm starting to get the hang of setting things up in the IDE and running them.  However I have I guess a 2 part question.  How can I get the script I create to just run on startup everytime I reboot.  Also how can I ust have my script running without having the IDe opened?  I looked at the docs and on stackexchange and foudn to run the file using java -jar etc but even though it shows like it should be loaded my hot key I setup does not work.  The only way the hotkey that I have setup works is by using the IDE.  Greately appreciate any assistance!