Re: [Question #680679]: SikuliXIDE; Mojave; Robot Framework: How does one get Region objects to work in Jython functions that are passed in from Robot Framework

Melvin Raymond posted a new comment:
I was doing a little thinking this morning while riding the bike to
work. It doesn't solve the problem with passing the correct object from
Robot Framework to Sikuli Jython functions but could possibly be a
workaround just in case:

I could call an external function that takes the "region" object that
has been sent to my Jython function. That external function could parse
out the "X", "Y", "W", "H" , and then turn them inter Integers. Then
those integers could be stuffed  into a tuple object. The tuple object
could be returned back to me. Then I could reference the tuple items in
the setROI(x, y, w, h) to set my Region of Interest. I'm just
familiarizing myself with tuples as of yesterday, so perhaps this could
be a workaround that once it's working could be used for any Region(x,
y, w, h) sent to the Jython function from Robot Framework. I might be
wrong about this but it was something I was pondering.

Just FYI: The reason for sending objects to the Jython functions is to
keep all images outside of the functions so if something changes I'll be
able to fix the object in just 1 place as opposed to digging through all
my Jython functions to fix the object.