Re: [Question #680880]: Suddenly unable to load images (files) on Linux Ubuntu

Description changed to:
Hello. I have been using Sikuli as a library within my Java program for
longer than a year. After a few months break, i launched my program only
for it to thrown an error, that it is unable to load any of the image
files. Same code also is running on a Windows machine and is not
experiencing any such problems.

My code, that causes the problem, is basically this:

BufferedImage img = someImage(); //we have some bufferedImage
Finder objFinder = new Finder(img);//and we create a Finder, using the said image
objFinder.find("someFile"); //we try to find a sub-image, which is a file named "someFile", within the bufferedImage
while(objFinder.hasNext){
     //do something
}

as soon as objFinder.find is invoked, the error is displayed
[error] image: could not be loaded: file: home/ubuntu/completeFilePath/to/someFile.png

the file path is correct and the same code runs on a windows machine,
and once ran on this Linux machine without such error

I tried installing older versions of the program, that i am sure worked perfectly, only for them to display same error
i completely reinstalled my operating system, installed java jdk8, netbeans 8.2, all the dependencies for sikuli like opencv and tesseract, only to be displayed same error

What could be the cause of it?