[Question #681038]: Adjusting default keypress / mouse click timing

Is there a way in Sikuli to adjust how long a key press or mouse click event lasts? I am trying to automate commands to a remote system and sometimes I see keys being dropped (usually at the start of the phrase being typed). Wonder if there is a way to globally make each key down and the mouse down event last a bit longer to see if it may alleviate this issue.