[Question #681767]: Import a module inside sikulix script

Hi RaiMan,

I'm using the new sikulix version, it's way better btw!

However, I don't know if what i'm trying to do it's possible, I've this python module which I'm using as a "database layer", so all I need from the database I call this script and then use this inside my sikulix script.

The problem is, this database module use the library cx_Oracle an this has some C-based code, so when I import my database layer module inside my sikulix script I got this error:

error] script [ createPurchaseOrder ] stopped with error in line 6
[error] ImportError ( No module named cx_Oracle )
[error] --- Traceback --- error source first
line: module ( function ) statement
1: getData (  <module> )     import cx_Oracle
6: main (  <module> )     import getData
[error] --- Traceback --- end --------------

My sikulix script it's like this:

database_module = "C:\\PATH\\createPurchaseOrder.sikuli\\botlib\\src\\database"

if not database_module in sys.path:
    sys.path.append(database_module)

import getData

print(getData.getPORef('rconnection_string',, '77713060'))

Do you have some suggestion?

I've a workaround as we discuss in this issue:  https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/678478

However if i can use as a import in my script could be much better!

Thanks,

Antonio