Re: [Question #681784]: [HowTo] Windows: Notepad++: run an opened SikuliX script using F5

I personally use IntelliJ IDEA CE with Java OpenJDK 12 and I do not see
any licensing problems, as long as you check the license of Java
libraries before using them and then act according to what is needed.

Some years ago I used Netbeans, but later switched to IntelliJ, because
they have a better Python support with PyCharms CE and also inside IDEA.

I am sure, that Java will stay a first class candidate for developing
OpenSource for still a long time.

So since you used Java/NetBeans before, switching to IDEA would be the
easiest step.

If you want to switch to Python as scripting language, then the SikuliX
IDE surely is something to at least use it for small trials to medium
complex things and of course for the image capturing and management.
Disadvantage: no auto-complete, no debugging.

As IDE for more complex things with all modern dev features I would
recommend PyCharms.