[Question #681871]: Sikulix api 1.1.0 hangs on ubuntu 18.04

My maven based automation framework uses sikulix api 1.1.0 .

I have ubuntu 18.04 . I did install open cv 3.2 and tesseract as per https://sikulix-2014.readthedocs.io/en/latest/newslinux.html

I can't change the sikulix api dependency since it is working on mac and windows .

I have java 8 . On running my tests ,  it is able to find opencv 3.2 and tesseract but it hangs there and my test crashed after 10-15 minutes .

Can anyone please suggest how I can get a compatible version of opencv to run  my tests .

 I tried installing  2.4 from various links but all are for lower linux versions and thus don't work properly.