[Question #681976]: [1.1.4] check if an instance is running when launching a sikulix script

I start my script using the following ind a bat file
<path-to>/sikulix.jar -r <path-to>sikuli package

i wanted to know if we can somehow check if this is already started before running a second instance. also i noticed that closing the command prompt keep the script running with prior verson it would stop it. now i'm not sure if i already started something or not since its still running in the background when command prompt is closed