Re: [Question #687415]: IDE: How to solve/track strange problems

Mark McGuinn gave more information on the question:
Hi Manfred,

   below is the simplified script plus a sub-routine it calls. Attached
are a couple of screen shots showing the various possible elements in
the time area which I am trying to process. I hope sending this directly
to you is ok,

Mark

​
def make_bid(bid_amount):​
​
#​
# Here check that ​
​
​
    Debug.user("In make_bid")​
    print("In Make Bid")​
    if exists ("1576597641783.png",5):​
    #​
    # ​
        click("1576597838526.png")​
        wait("1576597897207.png")​
        click("1576597948174.png")​
        print("Bid Placed")​
        return(1)​
​
 #​
 # if ending soon is not present somethin went wrong, either we are too early​
 # or someone bought the item​
​
    elif exists ("1577013855062.png",2) :​
        print("Auction Complete")​
        return(1)​
​
    else:​
        print(" Auction is not ending yet need to rerty")​
        return (2)​
​
​
    #​
    # need to loop back to calling proc​
    ​
max_bid = 50000​
time_left_i = get_time_left(Region(260,692,89,29))​
#        time_split = time_left_i.split(" ")​
print("The len of time_left_i is:",len(time_left_i))​
print("Time Left i1..",time_left_i)​
        ​
if time_left_i[0] == "PLETE":​
    print("Auction Over")​
​
elif time_left_i[0] == "SOON":​
            make_bid(max_bid)​
# elif test_if_char(time_lefti[0])​  # <----------- These lines cause the problem
 #   print("Empty string")​​        #  <------------
else:​
     wait_time_1 =  re.sub("[^0-9]","",time_left_i[0])        ​
     print("Wait time 1 is ",wait_time_1)​
     print("The type of wait_time_ is:",type(wait_time_1))           ​
     result = isinstance(wait_time_1, str)​
     print(wait_time_1,'instance of string?', result)​

The Future Is Certain Give Us Time To Work It Out