[Question #691208]: Change in resolution causes crash

I ran the script on a widescreen monitor 2560x1080 and the scripts executes correctly
Close the IDE, and then changed monitors to a 1920x1080 monitor, and the IDE does not want to start up. It freezes while it shows IDE starting on Java8.
There is no way to restart the IDE but to use the widescreen monitor again at 2560x1080 in which case the IDE starts up correctly.

A way around I found, is to connect the widescreen to the same monitor, in which case the IDE will start up, at which stage I can switch the monitors while the IDE is running. It seems to have something to do with startup that did not like the resolution switch.

My question is what is the temporary files I can delete that checks what the previous resolution the IDE was running in because I only had the widescreen monitor.