Re: [Question #691654]: Sikuli script consuming a lot of RAM

Javier Gonzales Rodriguez is still having a problem:
Hi Raiman,

Thanks for the information and your replies.

Based on the information that you provided me, i did these tests:

My PC has 16 GB of RAM (15 available), here is a screenshot of my capacity without running anything.
https://ibb.co/3m9tMd2

So, the next step was  >> open the terminal and run this command "java
-Xmx2g -jar sikulixide-2.0.4.jar ", it opened my Java JRE and I run my
script.

This is the capacity on my PC running the script for the first time.
https://ibb.co/cDbq2XG

After 18 hours, these is the capacity of my PC.
https://ibb.co/CWSZFZw

i dont know why it is still consuming a lot of RAM, I have 2 scripts,
one for "functions" and the other one that calls the functions that I
need.

IMy import looks like this:
from sikuli.Sikuli import *
import functions

I mention this cause when i run my script, I need to load the"
functions" script first (it saves some RAM) and then the main script
where I import and call the functions, example:

function1()
sleep(1)
function2()

I tested running pieces of code from the functions manually, using the
option "run selection" and it does the same (saves RAM almost every time
that the loop find an image).

About your testing, which distribution did you tests?

I tested mint 19.03 and 20 (now) with the same results.

Do you have another recommendation?

Regards!