Re: [Question #692550]: IDE crash when OCR does not find anything. Only 272 unsuccessful calls of text() possible

Michael Böhm is still having a problem:
Dear RaiMan,
sorry for bothering you. I am still sure this is a bug, as I can reproduce any time.
In regards to your questions:

-- crash: I called it crash. Whatever it is: I cannot stop it with the hotkey (alt+shift+C). only killing JAVA from taskmanager works

-- Here the missing function:
def ExtractAlphanumeric_all(InputString):
    from string import ascii_letters, digits
    return "".join([ch for ch in InputString if ch in (ascii_letters + digits +" ()*"+"äöüÄÖÜß")])

-- I need to shrink the region, because my experience over years with Sikulix is, that in case  text is not found, a region with smaller size (less empty space around the text) works much better. This is why I start trying to get the text with the biggest size first, and then slowly decreasing it.
Nevertheless. In my original ticket I added a lot of debug information, which was describing exactly what leads to the bug. All comments disappeart obviously when you moved it to a "question".

Short summary of what I wrote in my original ticket: it can be
reproduced, a simple loop with getting text causes the same error, and
it depends on the pattern of the picture how soon it crashes.

Regards
MIchael