Re: [Question #694243]: [2.0.4] IDE: Tesseract problem using OS X

Summary changed to:
[2.0.4] IDE: Tesseract problem using OS X

Description changed to:
*********** workaround until 2.0.5 is out ********

- make sure you have Tesseract on your machine
- when using the steps at https://github.com/RaiMan/SikuliX1/wiki/macOS-Linux:-Support-libraries-for-Tess4J-Tesseract-4-OCR you should have a libtesseract.dylib entry in /usr/local/lib

If you want to use the OCR features in the IDE with Jython scripting, you have to put this at the top of your main script:
import java.lang.System as JS
JS.setProperty("jna.library.path", "/usr/local/lib")

After that you can use OCR features in your script and imported scripts

Hey,
using Sikuli 2.0.4 on Java 11 (Catalina) and having problems with text() OCR in general, cause of the missing link to my lib.
I already found the workaround for a solution, but can't get this to work:

https://github.com/RaiMan/SikuliX1/issues/350
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2370545/how-do-i-make-a-target-library-available-to-my-java-app

I tried adding the path by using my terminal, as written in the first
link:

java -Djna.library.path=</usr/local/lib> MainClass

but it is not working...
could you please provide the correct command line for adding this path to the jna.library.path?
I would be very thankful!

thx