Re: [Question #694645]: macOS: Empty screen with screen capture-related buttons --- allow Prefs -> Sec&Priv -> Screen Recording

Description changed to:
**** problem
just double-clicking the jar does not reveal an option to allow screen recording
problem is tracked on GitHub: https://github.com/RaiMan/SikuliX1/issues/405

******************* workaround

--- start IDE once in a Terminal window using
java -jar <path-to>/sikulixide....jar

--- use the capture button
... and get the blank screen

--- close IDE

--- in Preferences -> Security&Privacy -> Privacy allow ScreenRecording
for Terminal

--- start IDE from Terminal again - capture should work now

Sikuli Version:       2.0.4-2020-03-14_08:01
Machine Version: Mac10.16
Java Version:        Java11(64)11.0.9+11

When I click on buttons that involve screen-capture functionality e.g.
Take Screenshot (cmd+shift+2), Region... my desktop gets cleared of any
open windows (leaving just the background image) meaning I cannot
capture screenshots of the desired application.

I've searched the internet for similar issues, to no avail. Any help is
appreciated!