[Question #695395]: Running SikuliX locally from IntelliJ

Following on from this question I posted a while back: https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/694847

I've unzipped the source code from https://github.com/RaiMan/SikuliX1/releases/tag/2.0.4 as this was the recommended release.

What is the best way of setting this project up in IntelliJ? Normally I git clone from GitHub/GitLab but given this source code is zipped I'm not sure what the best way of doing it is using IntelliJ... I tried adding the top-level pom.xml to maven but it did not let me.

Once I have the project set up properly, how do I run the IDE locally? I am planning on making changes to the IDE and the API and would like to be able to run the app to test my changes.