[Question #696736]: Key.SPACE don't seem to work in the application

New question #696736 on SikuliX:

Hello
I am using windows 10 LTSC 1809 x64 build 17763.1879
sikuli 2.0.3
java SE development kit 13.0.1 (64-bit)

Key.SPACE doesn't seem to work in the application I want to automate.
in the log: [log]  TYPE " "

if I press the physical space bar on the keyboard it works.
I have tried the windows virtual keyboard and it works like the physical keyboard.

it's for a STEAM game, and they've put in a keyboard shortcut.
for now I am searching and finding images, and the code is long and slow. if I can send the Space key it would save like 5 seconds in each process.

anything i can try?
Is there any other way to send the key to the application to automate?

thanks in advance

is an answer contact for SikuliX.