[Question #697147]: Error connecting SikuliX 2.0.5 to sqlserver using zxJDBC

New question #697147 on SikuliX:

My team at work has been using this below to successfully connect to our database and execute a query for 5 years now:

load("sqljdbc4-2.0.jar")
from com.ziclix.python.sql import zxJDBC
connection = zxJDBC.connect('jdbc:sqlserver://xxx.xxx.x.xxx', 'xxx', 'xxx','com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver')
cursor = connection.cursor()
SQLCommand = importQuery.readFile('C:\\testQuery.sql')
cursor.execute(SQLCommand)
result = list(cursor)
connection.commit()
connection.close()

After this, we then loop through each row and execute tests based off of the results that we get from our query.

This has never worked with SikuliIDE-2.0.0 or later, and we haven't been able to get it to connect with the new versions, so we stuck with 1.1.2 as we had the least issues with that version. With the latest Java update we are no longer able to use the older versions and want to update to the latest version of Sikuli, 2.0.5.

When I run in 2.0.5, I get the following error on the second line (from com.ziclix.python.sql import zxJDBC):

[error] script [ 1389693genExY&YTforWorksheetOnlyRerunInY ] stopped with error in line 56
[error] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError ( java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.ziclix.python.sql.zxJDBC )
[error] --- Traceback --- error source first
line: module ( function ) statement
56: main (  <module> )     from com.ziclix.python.sql import zxJDBC
[error] --- Traceback --- end --------------

We have tried updating the jdbc jar to mssql-jdbc-9.2.1.jre15.jar, and changed our first line to reference that, with just the name of it and with putting in the full path before it (although it used to always work without the path, just with  load("sqljdbc4-2.0.jar"), but without success.

We also tried following the solution from https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/242975 without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

is an answer contact for SikuliX.