[Question #697681]: select all text and copy to clipboard

New question #697681 on SikuliX:

Hey Folks,

at the end of my script, my console output must be saved to a txt file.
right now I solved this by clicking on the top left of the java window, finding the buttons by images to do so.
The filename is generated by time and date stamps.
working, but takes a bit time...

I would prefer to do so by commands, not by image search...

I already tried to activate the java window and do  type('a', Key.CTRL) to select all, but this action fails with the output:

[log] ( Ctrl )  TYPE "a"
[error] script [ Test_Enviroment ] stopped with error in line 66
[error] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException ( java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Key: Not supported character: a )
[error] --- Traceback --- error source first
line: module ( function ) statement
66: main (  <module> )     type('a', Key.CTRL)
[error] --- Traceback --- end --------------

any advice how to use the select all shortcut inside the active java (output) window of my sikuli script?

thx for reading.

is an answer contact for SikuliX.