Re: [Question #698070]: Basic use for multiple platforms/browsers

Question #698070 on SikuliX changed:

Roger F Borrello Jr is still having a problem:
Thank you for that information. It was helpful. I have some small
follow-ups, due to your recommendation to create repositories for the
testcase screen captures as the best method for handling our
requirements.

If our tests execute a query that returns data in a table, best practice
would be to start from a known set of data for the testcases, so that we
have predicted results. How would you recommend that we handle an area
of data that is specific to the time frame by which the test is executed
(like a current timestamp)? Is there a way to exclude an area of a
region?

If our test scenarios consist mostly of execution of browser
interactions, we'd want to determine at runtime which browser we are
executing on so that we can collect the proper image set. The use of
Settings.getOS() is easy enough for the OS. But by what method would you
recommend determining the browser?

is an answer contact for SikuliX.