Re: [Question #698074]: Dialog and pop-up boxes aare all black on 'Take Screenshot' or running scripts

Question #698074 on SikuliX changed:

So you have
UserSystem <-> VLAB <-> VNCServerSystem

- you see the screen of the VNCServerSystem on the UserSystem (via a VNCViewer or similar)
- you use mouse and keyboard on the UserSystem to act on the VNCServerSystem (start/use SikuliX and/or applications)

--- When attempting to take a screenshot via Sikuli, the main application remains visible, but the dialog/popup is all black
This means you have the SikuliX IDE running on the VNCServerSystem and try to make a screenshot of some element you see in the viewer.

I understand: you see a popup of the application (non-black), but when
you click the capture button (or use the shortcut), the dialog area is
black in the screenshot overlay (where you cut out the shot).

I remember, that this was a problem in the past on Linux systems, that could be solved by using another GUI manager.
But sorry: I do not remember details.

... and sorry, your environment is far beyond my knowledge and
experience.

It might help, to try with Java 11 (has many improvements targeting
screen handling).

is an answer contact for SikuliX.