Re: [Question #700621]: Extracting availability from calendar image

Question #700621 on SikuliX changed:

Mike proposed the following answer:
@ RaiMan

Just checked that and - yes - it gives you numbers for a location. What
more could you wish for?

I suggest it would be good to add that to the documentation. And the IDE
does not currently colour the method names in the way it normally does.

The ability to capture the colour of a location is handy for running
scripts which are location-driven. A lot of automation cases involve
screens that can be assumed to be static/entirely predictable. You can
therefore build a map of where every field of interest is and move
directly to wherever you need to go, rather than try to match images. In
such situations you can just plough on regardless and wait for a crash,
or you can have some sort of checking regime. You could write some sort
of validation program that compares images with map locations every
morning or whatever but an economic alternative is to check the colour
of a click point before you click it.

So I think this is a very useful SikuliX feature.

As for the original question, I would suggest tomdkd  builds a map of
all the 'slots' like 9:20, Dr Miller etc  and then runs through them in
sequence noting where the white slots start and where they finish,
indicating the periods that are free for appointments. I notice one of
the blocks as a sort of X through it so maybe things are more
complicated.  Maybe this is a case of you can automate anything with
SikuliiX but it may take an awful lot of work.

is an answer contact for SikuliX.