[Question #700736]: Cannot save scripts using IDE on Mac

New question #700736 on SikuliX:

I am running the sikuli IDE jar from terminal.app on MacOS v10.14.6. It runs but every time I go to run a script, the dialog to save the script comes up but it does not save it. Also, the dialog to save comes up at /Users and I cant find a way to select another path (double clicking does not work). The script runs but is never saved.
My objective is actually to be able to run sikuli from a python script so that I can feed it text from another source but I thought I could get started with the IDE and work from there.

is an answer contact for SikuliX.