[Question #701120]: Sikuli is struggling to find images without the similarity being really low

New question #701120 on SikuliX:

Hi Support,

I have been trying to automate a UI using Sikuli 2.0.4 in Java using IntelliJ IDE. Sikuli is integrated into a Maven framework, where the dependency is stored in the POM.xml file.

The issue that I am facing is that I need to set the Sikuli similarity in the range of 5% to 30% in order for Sikuli to recognize an image -for the automation to pass. This low similarity is totally unacceptable, as it provides for very low validation.

I've tried, resizing the images, taking several different screen snippets on a high definition display and playing around with the similarity using the setDebugLevel, but nothing seems to solve my problem.

Any assistance on this matter would be highly appreciated.

is an answer contact for SikuliX.