[Question #702786]: What are some of tried and tested operating system/hardware/software setup?

New question #702786 on SikuliX:

Currently I'm using my departments which is an ancient DC5800 SFF with C2D cpu ,6gb ram with 1280x1024 monitor resolution.

I think it runs quite well for what its worth and what I'm doing using python/jython:
- modern web data entry with its inconsistent web response.
- So looping through a .csv list with lots of "wait"s and image matching / not using Tesseract at the moment

How would I go to with upgrading my setup for optimal script performance or image recognition performance.
Would sticking to a smaller resolution monitor/4:3 instead of 16:9 or wider be better for Sikuli?

interested to know the specific of what Raimund's Development environment too
My Development environment

Java 17 (current JDK LTS release)
Source and target level for Java is version 11
Maven project
Windows 11 latest (Pro 64-Bit)
latest macOS 12 (Monterey) on Intel and M1 machines
Ubuntu latest LTS version running in Oracle VM VirtualBox on Windows 10
Using IntelliJ IDEA CE in all environments

is an answer contact for SikuliX.