[Question #705963]: Automated GUI Testing

New question #705963 on SikuliX:

Hi, I new in sikuli, and I would like to know if sikuly library can be useful for my actual purpose;
it consists of developing an application for doing "Automated GUI Testing".
The application under test (AUT) has to do with a desktop application (not web app) and it is written in Java (SWT), not based on Windows.
To carry out this goal, my first point of view is the following:
- First, try to record several actions on the GUI of the AUT (the actions could be transcripted in some programming language, preferably in python scripts).
- Second, automate actions by executing (replaying) the scripts recorded previously.
I think, it is mandatory to be used some kind of SWT for JAVA library.
I do not know if sikuly library may be appropriated to tackle these tasks and taking into account my not experience in sikuli.
Thanks so much in advance,

is an answer contact for SikuliX.