simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~victor-mireyev/simple-scan/bug-719741 into lp:simple-scan

Review: Needs Fixing

I don't like how this silently changes the filename as entered - as a user I type in "Blah" but the actual file is "Blah.pdf" etc without any indication this has occurred. I'd prefer a dialog as the GIMP does that suggests the name is changed but allows the user to override this if necessary.

A stray change - not required for the patch but confusing to have it here:
+ extension = default_file_name.substring (index);

Should use C style comments:
+ // Check if file name doesn't have extension

It is confusing calling a callback as a way of updating the extension - you should split out the function from on_file_type_changed and use it directly.
+ on_file_type_changed (selection);

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~victor-mireyev/simple-scan/bug-719741/+merge/166375
Your team Simple Scan Development Team is subscribed to branch lp:simple-scan.