simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~victor-mireyev/simple-scan/bug-719741 into lp:simple-scan

Hi Robert! Thank you for review.

1) Please consider an example:
victor@victor-desktop:~/test$ cat hello.vala

class HelloSubstring {

    public static int main(string[] args) {
        string a = "image.png";
        int i = a.last_index_of_char('.');
        stdout.printf("Substring: %s\n", a.substring(i));
        stdout.printf("Slice: %s\n", a.slice(0, i));
        return 0;
    }
}

victor@victor-desktop:~/test$ valac hello.vala
victor@victor-desktop:~/test$ ./hello
Substring: .png
Slice: image

The slice method in this case extracts filename. That's why by default there are no highlighted rows in file types list as it should be. Contrary, the substring method extracts an extension. So I think it's required for the patch.

2) I have tried "Save as" and "Export as" commands in the GIMP. In the first case, it appends extension without any warning. In the second case it displays warning and leaves file dialog on screen if user hasn't selected any filetype but deleted an extension. But if user has already selected filetype and then deleted an extension, it doesn't display any warning at all! Instead it shows options dialog for the selected filetype and appends an extension.

Do you propose to simply display a warning and leave file dialog on screen if user deleted an extension?

3) I agree with the rest of your comments and working on fixing issues you've shown.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~victor-mireyev/simple-scan/bug-719741/+merge/166375
Your team Simple Scan Development Team is subscribed to branch lp:simple-scan.