simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

[Question #240716]: Simple Scan just grinds away but makes no scan & then closes

New question #240716 on Simple Scan:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/240716

I installed the Epson drivers for my NX430 and everything went ok. Then opened SS and clicked Scan. The little circle of blinking dots appeared but no scan was created. Eventually SS just closed. Am I missing something. SANE of XSANE maybe?

Zorin-OS 6 64bit/Win7x64 dual boot: Linux Kernel: 3.2.0-48.
SYX Venture A 1851 All-in-one PC; Model: SYX-GB-AEBN-SI.
Genuine Intel® CPU i3-2120 @ 3.30 GHzx4:Ram 8 GiB DDR3.
LCD 18.5": Resolution 1366x768.
802.11b/g/n Wireless.
Wired Verizon Fios Connection: 1000 Mb/s.

Simple Scan Development Team, which is an answer contact for Simple
Scan.