simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

[Question #244654]: Canoscan 600F not detected

New question #244654 on Simple Scan:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/244654

Linux Mint 16 Petra new install. All desktop hardware detected and in use.
Mint doesn't detect my scanner. After hours trying to learn why and how to detect and install I'm tired and frustrated.
So... USB 2 chip on Mboard ->DC powered USB manual switched hub -> Canoscan LiDE 600F USB powered scanner.  Setup in use 5 years in 'Doze XP.
How do I go about detecting, installing and using this scanner ?
Rob Irwin

    I am a longtime supporter and admirer of Linux. Met Linus Torvalds, wife and son in Atlanta, years ago. Even so I have had to wait for something simple enough for this cabinet maker to use.
I will answer to the best of my ability any question about building houses that I can.

Simple Scan Development Team, which is an answer contact for Simple
Scan.