simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

[Question #255798]: How to even get started!?!?

New question #255798 on Simple Scan:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/255798

OK, I extracted all the stuff from the simple-scan-3.14.0 tar xz file using 'Bitser' till there was a standard folder. The files are there are duds that do not do anything. "Install" is a dead file and "Read Me" is a unrecognized MD file. Only files in icons of data folder  and figures of C folder seem to be relatively normal PNG and SVG files. So what's going on!? Does it have something to do with that - dare I say - extremely unfriendly block of text about Md5 and signature verification?

Simple Scan Development Team, which is an answer contact for Simple
Scan.