simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

[Question #256310]: remote control by xdotool possible?

New question #256310 on Simple Scan:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/256310

I have a brother scanner, which supports four keys at the scanner device, which can be configured to run shell scripts at the connected computer. I tried to configure one of the keys to simulate <ctrl>-1 to ease the task of scanning multi paged documents with a simple scanner. The tool I tried is named 'xdotool' - but it does not work. The key-tool for the brother scanner is named 'scan key tool'.

Is there any script controlled remote control for simple scan possible to simulate such key press events like 'scan next page' (<ctrl>-1) ?

Thanks is advance
-andreas-