simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #267541]: Simple Scan 3.17 on "Trusty"

Question #267541 on Simple Scan changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/267541

Manfred Hampl proposed the following answer:
An official backport does not exist so far. I do not think that there
will be problems with functionality in the kernel, but rather with
dependencies.

If I quickly look at the information on packages that simple-scan
3.17.2-0ubuntu1 (i386 binary) in ubuntu wily depends on, I see:

adwaita-icon-theme
dbus-x11 (>= 1.6)
dconf-gsettings-backend
libc6 (>= 2.4)
libcairo2 (>= 1.6.0)
libcolord2 (>= 0.1.10)
libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0)
libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.37.0)
libgtk-3-0 (>= 3.9.10)
libgudev-1.0-0 (>= 146)
libsane (>= 1.0.24)
xdg-utils
zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)

Starting with the first one: adwaita-icon-theme does not exist for
Ubuntu trusty, so you have to care for installation of adwaita-icon-
theme on your trusty system first.

Similar with libsane, trusty contains only version 1.0.23-3ubuntu3.1, but Simple Scan 3.17 requires >= 1.0.24
So you have to search for a possibility to upgrade libsane to such a version first (might be available in the PPA https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git )

Maybe you can solve the dependencies, just give it a try.

Simple Scan Development Team, which is an answer contact for Simple
Scan.