simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

[Question #270166]: Strange issue or annoyance when using "Simple-Scan" scanning application!

New question #270166 on Simple Scan:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/270166

 Hi guys, I don't know if it's more of an annoyance than an issue, ok the problem is as follows, I use simplescan to scan documents and pictures, if you have ever used simple scan, you know that after you scan a picture or document if you double click in the simplescan screen that shows you a preview of scanned document you know that it is supposed to open with an image viewer program like gwenview, gpicview, eye of mate, shotwell or whatever image viewer program you have set up to open or preview the scanned document, by the way, the scanned documents preview format is ".tiff", the problem is that it always opens them with GIMP (i don't want to use gimp to preview documents), if I remove GIMP it then opens up with shotwell, I have setup in "file associations" the ".tiff" image files to open with gwenview and okular and it doesn't work.

So, to summarize:

Simplescan preview files are shown in ".Tiff" file format

1. if i double click to open a preview of scanned document it always opens up with Gimp (i don't want to use gimp to preview documents)
2. if i remove Gimp, then it opens up with shotwell
3. if i go to file associations and setup the ".Tiff" files to open up with another application like okular or gwenview, it still wants to open the document preview with shotwell or gimp
4. i don't mind simplescan showing up the previews with shotwell but for that, i have to uninstall gimp and i don't want to remove it because my nephew like to edit pictures and drawings using gimp!

I have 2 partitions, one with Kubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit, the other with openSUSE Tumbleweed KDE 64-bit, same issue in both of them.

so, what to do?

Simple Scan Development Team, which is an answer contact for Simple
Scan.