simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

[Question #274211]: Can text scans be B&W? - currently gray scale

New question #274211 on Simple Scan:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/274211

Hello:

Simple Scan is great !
Thanks for supporting it.

When scanning text documents, I would really prefer an output that is just black & white.  This would be analogous to what you would get from a FAX machine for instance.  Simple Scan seems to produce gray scale.  Not only is this a less efficient format for just plain text, but the gray scale tends to make the output too light (when printing a scanned copy), or it can also look a little blurry.

I tried to adjust the Brightness, Contrast, and Quality settings in order to force a B&W only output, but didn't find a combination that seemed right.

Is there a way to achieve a simple B&W output format without resorting to a post-processing step using another tool?

-Thanks

--
You received this question notification because your team Simple Scan
Development Team is an answer contact for Simple Scan.