simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

[Question #295818]: scanner not detected ubuntu16.04 lts 64

New question #295818 on Simple Scan:
https://answers.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+question/295818

I have my Epson stylus DX8400 printer connected to my system as a network printer. USB connected to my fritzbox router. Printing works fine but scan reports no scanner detected. Tried Epson website for driver but nothing listed for linux.
If I connect the printer direct to PC via USB both print and scan work okay but I need the network setup so other pc on network can use it .

austin@austin-Z97X-Gaming-3:~$ uname -a
Linux austin-Z97X-Gaming-3 4.4.0-28-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jun 24 10:09:13 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
austin@austin-Z97X-Gaming-3:~$ lsb_release -crid
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	16.04
Codename:	xenial
austin@austin-Z97X-Gaming-3:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8001 Intel Corp.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8009 Intel Corp.
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0bc2:3000 Seagate RSS LLC FreeAgent Desktop
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
austin@austin-Z97X-Gaming-3:~$ sudo sane-find-scanner
[sudo] password for austin:

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

could not fetch string descriptor: Pipe error
could not fetch string descriptor: Pipe error
  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel driver for your USB host controller and have setup
  # the USB system correctly. See man sane-usb for details.

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
austin@austin-Z97X-Gaming-3:~$

Can anyone offer  any help with this.

--
You received this question notification because your team Simple Scan
Development Team is an answer contact for Simple Scan.