simple-scan-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~soliloque/simple-scan/fastpdf into lp:simple-scan

I've made the change to do the zlib compression second and limit the size to be less than the JPEG compressed size (I've moved simple-scan to GNOME git at the request of the GNOME people to make it an official module):
https://git.gnome.org/browse/simple-scan/commit/?id=4c6ce0acc51e2ed80c39a49fc2a05c0570dd8b31

Based on your numbers, this should have no significant effect in case II since the JPEG cost is negligable even though it is thrown away.

Could you repeat case I after this change? If the zlib cost is proportional to size I calculate the compression time would be reduced to nearer 250ms, which is acceptable if that's the case. Sure, it's slower than just doing the JPEG by itself but doing it this was ensures we always "do the right thing". That's important to the "Simple" part of Simple Scan - it's better to be not as efficient / have as many features as a pro scanning app but instead be a failsafe way of just pressing scan and getting an appropriate file out at the end.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~soliloque/simple-scan/fastpdf/+merge/322610
Your team Simple Scan Development Team is subscribed to branch lp:simple-scan.