Re: sony-laptop.c doesn't compile with kernel 2.6.29

Dnia środa 25 marzec 2009, Norbert Preining napisał:
> On Mi, 25 Mär 2009, Bernd Eggink wrote:
> > Ah yes, thanks; I had overlooked that. The patches work great. There is
> > only one minor issue: S1 and S2 both produce the same 2 ACPI events (one
>
> Fixed in the latest version I think. There is also one patch (see
> linux-acpi mailing list) after the one I sent which adds CD Eject
> support.

Hello all.

I have two questions.
1. I am wondering if this code will break the ability to initialize nvidia
card using windows?
If yes, then can we have some option, so we can still use the module and not
break Windows trip speed mode initialization (problem is when I have recently
tried to use custom sony-laptop module I couldn't initialize my nvidia card
with or without windows trip, therefore that module rendered my card
unusable).
2. Maybe we should think about some SVN/CVS/GIT/whatever server to work with
the provided code easier, and make changes tracking easier? Searching and
diffing attachments on mailing list is quite inefficient.

Regards.

--
Zuzanna K. Filutowska
Home page: http://platyna.platinum.linux.pl/.