Re: new fixes for sony-acpi

Hi all,

(back from mountains and destroyed laptop)

On Di, 31 Mär 2009, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> It's a module that loads, checks what state the firmware thinks the
> hardware is in and then ensures that the hardware is actually in that
> state. I believe that it gets the choice between internal and discrete
> GPUs correct. It doesn't support runtime switching right now since
> there's no way to do anything useful with it, but it's a trivial sysfs
> attribute.

I tested it the following way:
- 2.6.29
- all patches from Mattia send for rc1 and rc2
- the module from your email
- boot and start x as ususal
- *after* starting X I loaded the module

Output:
[ 2120.435908] nvidia-control: hardware status gave 0x801f
and it seems that the Stamina LED did light up (I don't remeber whether
it was on before).

Anything else I can test?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>        Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx>                         Debian TeX Group
BALLYCUMBER
One of the six half-read books lying somewhere in your bed.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff