Re: GPU-Core Temp

Hello Mario, hello Johannes, hello @ all

Am Montag, den 18.05.2009, 11:48 +0200 schrieb Mario:
> Johannes Kabisch wrote:
> > since I settled for the acpi=ht hack I wanted to start a little poll about GPU-Core-Temps:
> >
> > Average GPU-Core Temp Idle mode: 79°C
> > Distro: Ubuntu 9.04
> > Compiz, Berryl or similiar: YES
> > acpi=HT?: YES

VGN-Z21MN here
=========
 acpi=ht: NO (Switch between graphic-Cards with Windows XP DVD)
 Distro: Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic (Alpha 1 [1])

 NVidia GPU-Settings:
        Image Setings 'High Quality'
        16 x Antialiasing
        16 x Anisotropic Filtering
        [x] Texture Sharpening
        No Overclocking
 Avarage GPU-Core Temp Idle mode: 52°C
 Highest Temperature [2]          83°C

> How do you get the GPU temperature? Is it specific to the nvidia card?
make your choice:
 a) /usr/bin/nvidia-settings      - sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings
 b) /usr/bin/nvclock -T (Console) - sudo apt-get install nvclock
 c) /usr/bin/nvclock_gtk          - sudo apt-get install nvclock-gtk
 d) /usr/bin/gkrellm              - sudo apt-get install gkrellm

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/karmic/alpha1
[2] after 5 minutes Full-Windowed Google-Earth 'Flight Simulator'

Regards,

Raphael Gradenwitz